- In the eye of the fury, Gulf News, January 13, 2012
- The Iranian doctor’s dilemma, Marina Nemat, Jan. 11, 2012
- The memoir of a little boy who became a revolutionary for truth, Middle East Book Review
- The End of an Illusion, Review by Haleh Esfandiari, The New Republic
- The Gaze of the Gazelle: witness to a death that changed history (The National)
- Paulo Coelho: An Important and Life-Affirming Memoir
- Publisher Weekly’s review on The Gaze of the Gazelle: The Story of a Generation
- Io Donna (Italian): Non posso vivere nel silenzio
- L’Esspresso: Pergli occhi di Neda
- daStandard.at (German): Aus der persönlichen Geschichte des Autors Arash Hejazi und den letzten Sekunden im Leben der jungen Neda ist berührendes Buch geworden
"The Gaze of the Gazelle" is a poignant retelling of all the history we have accepted as political rhetoric in a human form. The story of real people who were impacted by our policies and our political viciousness and our stereotyped rhetoric and racism in America.
August 25, 2011, Ray Hanania, middle east book reviews & entertainment
Hard-hitting and direct, this book provides valuable revelations about a struggle that receivedvery little coverage inside Iran.
September 16, 2011, Noori Passela, The National
Hejazi’s heartfelt, well-written book speaks for a generation of Iranians. Many of them, like Hejazi, were driven into exile abroad by the regime’s brutality and arbitrariness. Many, like Agha-Soltan, gave their lives for an Iran governed by the rule of law rather than the whims of an autocrat.
October 17, 2011, Haleh Esfandiari, New Republic
The Gaze of the Gazelle is not about Neda but is rather the history of a country caught in one of the worst dictatorships of all time, where the greed and the thirst for power of a few in the name of religion has taken far too many lives, of whom Neda is only one example.
Jan. 11, 2012, Marina Nemat, The Globe and Mail
He has a story of a generation to tell. It came as no surprise when he produced an important and life-affirming memoir. In the Gaze of the Gazelle, Arash reveals the true spirit of Iran.
2010, Paulo Coelho